allya
Topic Starter
Laptop is packard Bell running Windows XP sevice pack 2
I have AVG, spybot S&D and the windows firewall (no other, although it had been disabled when I looked)
I had a problem when the kids had a windows security alert, they clicked to do the scan. The rest, as you can guess, is history.
Now as soon as I start the laptop it gives me a "Data execution protection screen - "to help protect your computer windows has closed this program - Generic Host process for win32 services"
The computer runs ok but after different lengths of time it has the above "dcom server message" and shuts itself down.
Explorer seems to now re-direct itself to different sites from google, but when I type in the web address directly I can get the directly
I have run the ATF cleaner
I have run the system restore point
I have run the Erunt back up
I have run the Mbam and kept the log
I have downloaded the Gmer but before it can perform a complete scan the computer shuts itself down. I have tried this several times. Shall I now skip this step and go onto download DDS?
I have gone to F8 and selected the disable automatic restart on system failure, this does not work.
I have tried to boot into safe mode but the computer freezes at a line of code (if that whats it is) all the time in the same place.
I would appreciate some help, I am quite computer literate but no technical wizard and I dont know what to do next.
Thank you in advance