Hello. I watch a lot of movies and shows online. I also have my own blog. I do a lot of searching with many tabs open at once. Lately my computer has been running really slow. I am including my highjack this log. I already removed a lot of BHO's that I do not need. If you have any suggestions on what I can do to clean up/ speed up my computer I would really appreciate it. Thank you!!
The only things that you "need" running from StartUp, are:
AntiVirus
Firewall
AntiSpyware (if subscribed for real-time scanning)
Otherwise, all those 04's can be disabled (most of them from MSCONFIG - StartUp
Post back with questions if there are specific applications or processes that you need help disabling.
It appears that you do not actually have Avast running active? Is that correct.
Yes you have the updater running active, but apparently not real-time scanning?
We don't analyze HJT Logs here in the Windows Forum.
If you are concerned about infection, consider posting in our Infections Removal Forum Read Here First
I'll edit your post to zip up that HJT log into an "Attached File"
An excellent, safe, and free online utility to get a good overview of your machine's configuration and performance can be had at PCPitstop.com
If you post your OverDrive Full Tests - Results link back here into this thread, one of our Techs will be available to help you sort anything you may need help with.
Here's how:
You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others)
Go to: http://www.pcpitstop.com
Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!"
You'll need to submit a valid email address and create your own password, then click - Create Account(button)
Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)
You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.
The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.
Please post the URL internet address from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration and present performance levels of your machine.
Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.
After reviewing the results we will be more informed and may be able to provide better recommendations for you to work towards improving your machine's performance.
Best Regards
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI