Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Can't Use Windows Xp Update After Cleaning Spyware

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 blackeangle

blackeangle

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 08:19 PM

Try as I may,cannot update Windows XP pro. Always get the "Administrators Only" page. Have followed the instructions on that page and check many other site. It never happen before, but seems to have started around about time I had hijack problems although this may be coincidental. Could someone help please!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 23 June 2004 - 03:03 PM

hi blackeangle- you should probably post a hijack this log. You are logged in as admin right..?

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#3 blackeangle

blackeangle

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 07:42 PM

Yes I loged in as Admin, I used Ad-ware(newest version + updated) searched CoolWebSearch dll file under %systemroot%/system32 folder, I can delete it but after reboot, the file comes out again in different name, since I got the "Search For..."( CWS hijack) no matter what I couldn't use WIndows Update and certain program couldn't install. as for Hjack log, I will post it later but I think it won't help. Now I need a program that can trace dll files and tell me where they come from. I used Filemon and Regmon, they don't do much help though.