This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Explorer Exec not Listing Kingston Drive

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I use Windows XP and Windows explorer is my favorite mode of navigation. I have drives assigned as A, C, D, E, and F. Here's my problem: When I first got my Kingston flash drive, I was able to see it with explorer, (probably assigned as "DRIVE G", but might have been "DRIVE B") but I must have removed it unsafely or something. Now when I plug it in, the OS assigns it to DRIVE H. Windows explorer doesn't show it, I have to drop down to the cmd prompt, open a "CMD" window, and use the old DOS commands to see the drive. It comes up on "DRIVE H" How can I manage to see the Kingston in Windows Explorer again? Thanks for your help!
Hi Susan

What said Device Manager (are ? yellow question marks there)?

Did you try Kingston on another PC? Did you try another flash drive on your PC?

Download USBDeview (freeware, portable, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html).
Now you can see lists all USB devices that currently connected to your computer, all USB devices that you previously used, the date/time that device was added, drive letter…
Keep flash drive out of PC, run application, uninstall Kingston flash drive (right click). Try now.
If you can't see again, uninstall old USB devices that you previously used (not need now).

arTech
Hi arTech, Thanks for taking time to reply. We fixed it (actually my husband did) last week by simply uninstalling the driver and reinstalling. Appreciate your time. SusanT

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI