TopHatMan
Topic Starter
Recently, my computer has been plagued with bsods caused by ati3duag.dll, usually when trying to run something like borderlands. At first I thought it was a driver issue, so I updated to no avail, clean installed it, and it is doing the same thing still. The crashes seemed to have started with avast antivirus, but I am not sure it is the problem (but if it is thatd be terrific XD). I have been getting other crashes, like PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA, BAD_POOL_HEADER, or in a very recent case, on the next boot after a ati3duag.dll crash, I got a STOP bsod. What is going on? Is my graphics card faulty? Is my RAM? (or in a more probable case avast!)
Crash Codes:
STOP: 0x0000008e (0x00000005, 0x8054BBAD, 0xA964A9F0, 0x00000000)
STOP: 0x0000008e (0x00000005, 0xBF2F73BC, 0xA9E318F4, 0x00000000)
Edit: Holy sh-
Edit2: Well, uninstalled avast, installed avira, reinstalled my video driver, still crashes.
Edit3: Well, I think I have narrowed it down to either not having enough power, or having faulty ram. Doing the ole pulling out ram and test test.
Edit4: Doesn't seem to be RAM, and after running a quick ComboFix and checking registry keys for anything suspicous, nothing found to be out of the ordinary.
FinalEdit: Well, it was a faulty RAM stick after all
[external image: Posted Image]
Crash Codes:
STOP: 0x0000008e (0x00000005, 0x8054BBAD, 0xA964A9F0, 0x00000000)
STOP: 0x0000008e (0x00000005, 0xBF2F73BC, 0xA9E318F4, 0x00000000)
Edit: Holy sh-
Edit2: Well, uninstalled avast, installed avira, reinstalled my video driver, still crashes.
Edit3: Well, I think I have narrowed it down to either not having enough power, or having faulty ram. Doing the ole pulling out ram and test test.
Edit4: Doesn't seem to be RAM, and after running a quick ComboFix and checking registry keys for anything suspicous, nothing found to be out of the ordinary.
FinalEdit: Well, it was a faulty RAM stick after all
[external image: Posted Image]