This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows 7 Classic View

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Not exactly, but you can right click on the Desktop and select Personalize, then scroll down and click on Windows Classic, but it is very ugly.

Hard to accept I know, but work with Windows 7 Aero interface for awhile and you'll get comfortable with it. I know I have and I was a die hard Classic view user with XP.

There are lots of little tweaks you can make to improve the usability of Windows 7. One that I like is to bring back the Quick Launch bar as it was in XP. I find it much more user friendly that the one that comes with Win 7. See here if interested: posted by Ronnie Vernon, MS MVP here: Please restore the Quick Launch (post #4)

Another is to get rid of the Favorites and Homegroup entries in the left side navigation pane of Windows Explorer: Posted by Noel Carboni : Remove Favorites, Libraries, and Homegroup from Navigation Pane. I originally got rid of Libraries but now that I know how to use them, I find them very helpful so restored them.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI