This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Acer 7538-6969 Running Slow

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, i bought a brand new acer laptop. Took out the extras that i don't need, install Avast for my virus scan and install ms office and winzip program. Now my laptop will take upto 2minutes it sits on the screen saying shutting down beofere it power cycles. Before it was taking like 20secs to sit on the shutting down screen before it starts to reboot and come back up. What gives? i have clean up the startup in msconfig and barely anything is loading. I am using Windows 7 home premium 64bit. Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.
Try reading here: http://www.vistarewired.com/2007/03/14/fin…down-is-so-slow

Its for Vista, but should be very similar to 7.

I don't have much experience with Windows 7, but I hope they have fixed what I feel is an extremely annoying and problematic shutdown process in Windows Vista. Windows Vista regularly takes several minutes to shutdown at various times on various computers. Vista is just simply a piece of junk. Its slow to startup, slow to operate, and slow to shut down. My experience with WIndows 7 is that it is much better. Like night and day the difference in performance. I have not yet encountered shutdown problems in WIndows 7. The reason why I mention this is because maybe Windows 7 does have similar shutdown problems. Try looking in those areas as linked to above and see if it provides any clues.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI