This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Vista machine takes at least 10 mins to boot up

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Guys, I was recently on Malware removal site and they think that I have no malware on my machine so they directed me here. I'm running Windows Vista Home Preium. Service pack 2 build 6002. on an Acer Aspire 4920 laptop My CPU is an Intel Core Dou T5T20 @ 1.5Mhz each core with 2GB Ram. My problem is that my macjine takes at least 10 to 15 minutes to boot up and then runs pretty slow. I have followed all the instruction given by MalwareREmoval and not much success.and I was hoping you guys could help me. Any Ideas? and Thank you in advance. Cheers The Gaffer
Hi The Gaffer and Welcome.

Delays of that sort typically indicate a problem with one or more drivers/hardware device. Do you have such delays when booting into Safe Mode ?

I note the above is your first post here at WTT. Where did you get Malware Removal help and was your machine declared clean of malware?
Then I am confident it is not a malware issue. Thanks.

However, I am concerned with a couple things from that thread.

After a lot of dumb downloads my machine takes forever to boot up up

AVG Free 9.0
IObit Malware Fighter
SymantecAntiVirus

And a whole bunch of toolbars

I noted Gary mentioned to uninstall IOBit Malware Fight, but is Symantec still installed and running too?
HI Folks, I had removed IObit Malware and all symantcs software before my machine was was worked on so as far as I know there are no instances of these software on my machine. Thanks
Booting in safe mode does seem to take a little bit longer than usual too, though its hard to tell how long that should take. Thanks
Then I ask again, do you have these delays in Safe Mode? Any errors in Device Manager? And mapped drives, or network or USB attached drives that are no longer present?
There are no mapped drives but there are yellow warning triangles against: Microsoft ISATAP adapter #8 and Microsoft ISATAP adapter #10 under Network Adapters in the device manager. I will boot my machine is safe mode and time how long it takes. Thanks
Hi, All 4 USB ports work fine. Safe mode takes nearly 6 minutes to boot up hanging on: Loaded: windows/system32/drivers/crcdisk.sys before loading the login screen. Hope this helps. Thanks
Well I am not finding much in the way of solutions for that error. Running chkdsk /r on the disk was suggested but the user never came back to say if it worked. Otherwise, the only solution that did work was running a system repair from the recovery console on the installation disk.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI