This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Excel freezing:-(

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I have troubles with Excel 2007 application, it always freezes when I run this program - for 5 minutes at least, or when i use functions like ctrl+c, or ctrl+v for even more. I've tried to update Microsoft Office, I've donwloaded Service pack 3, but nothing helped. I was searching web for some useful information, but haven't found anything yet. I have only seen someones topic here who had the same problem, but what is missing is the clue how to solve it. Help me please if you can :-).. I have Windows Xp Service pack 3
I seem to be getting the same except mine freezes up on opening either Winword or Excel's 2007 Office Home and Student Trial. I get a message of szModName: hungapp. then closes down (crashes). Do you get any error messages? Is there any thing showing up in the event viewer in the Admin Tools in the Control Panel? I have submitted a plea for help in Microsofts Security and Virus Center. Hope to hear something within 24 hrs.
1.

I wonder if your machines and usage have anything in common with the problem and solution related to mapped drives that are no longer available. (such as USB devices)

http://www.technologyquestions.com/technol…le-hungapp.html

2.

I suppose you've already tried: ?
  • office updates
  • detect and repair
  • reinstallation

3.

Try creating a new user profiel (a new login name)
See if the problem still exists with the fresh user account.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI