This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

VISTA SP 2 HOME PREMIUM REBOOT LOOP AFTER HIBERNATE

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

AMD athlon x64 1.8GH X2 processor 2.5gb ram Windows Vista sp 2 The first day I got this laptop I realized it would not boot properly when I tried to use the sleep mode, so I disabled the sleep mode and realized the hibernation mode worked just fine… at least for the first week. Last night I closed Firefox after tending my crops on Farmville.. nothing else was open but the vista sidebar. I went to the start menu and clicked the hibernation button.. and the computer slept through the night just fine. When I woke up this morning the laptop will not start at all. Just as it had previously with the sleep mode.. not even the screen would display anything. It just starts for about fifteen seconds with the usual delay it always did after waking from hibernation, but instead of the "resuming windows" screen, it just restarts and attempts to wake up again. This loop of booting would continue for an hour if left unattended. I have tried leaving the battery out for ten minutes to two hours. I've tried disconnecting the power cord and the batter and pressing the power button for a minute or longer several times already. Can anyone help me? I just got this laptop a week ago from a reputable and trustworthy source, someone I've bought many reliable computers from in the past. I don't want to have to send him the laptop because his store is two states away.. and my warranty is only 60 days b/c it was a 1-yr lease computer from an office. The motherboard was replaced before I bought it, the hard drive is clean, freshly reformatted. Can anyone help? Please.. any ideas would be great.
Hi, Sorry to hear of the problem with your laptop. I think you know the answer to the problem…….. If you have had trouble with this machine from day one…..then its the supplier's job to fix it so you have a servicable computer….. As your warranty is limited the best advice is to contact your supplier without delay. Be very careful what you do with this machine as you dont want to provide the supplier with an opportunity to claim that you caused the problem… Regards paws
At the risk of being screamed at for this response, I'll still make it. Your problem is not the computer. It's the Operating System. If you put Fedora or Ubuntu (LINUX) on it, it'll work just fine. Now, how to fix your problem? Send it back and make the supplier fix it, then cross your fingers and hope Windows doesn't screw up again.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI