This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Microsoft windows not genuine

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ok, I was in the process of getting rid of a redirect virus and during one the steps I made, after reboot, I get a notice that my copy of windows is not genuine. The step wasn't specifically told to me do to but I was reading someones thread with the same problem as me so I followed one of their steps while waiting on someone to respond to my thread. I think that is where I went wrong because my copy of windows was genuine until I did that. Here is what I did…. I put this code into text file and ran it with combofix and rebooted my computer. The problem I had which was redirect virus and something with the hosts thingy was fixed but my copy of windows went non genuine. SecCenter:: {3A75C911-F57C-4697-8FC0-4D85A2F0D423} {E5E70D32-0101-4F12-8FB0-D96ACA4F34C0} File:: C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\etc\hosts Can anyone guide me on what I can do to get things back to normal.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI