This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Outlook Cache Mode

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am hoping that you can help me figure out how to fix Outlook in my home pc and in my tablet which were removed from my office network. In my home pc and on my tablet, the main email address used in Outlook is on an old domain which I no longer own. So Outlook wants to access my server to get the email. I think that we had put the server,s Outlook Exchange in cache mode, so since both my home pc and my tablet can't access the server, the Outlook is stuck forever in limbo without the data files such as old email messages and contacts. The server is sitting right here in my home office next to both the home pc and the tablet, and it could be wired in, but isn't currently. The Outlook has been accessed many times over many months on both pcs, and there seems to have been many emails downloaded from other email addresses and read, replied to, and some deleted. The results must be stored on each pc in some temporary file, waiting to be merged into the real file in Exchange on the server. Do you know how to fix this issue? I can't delete the main email account on each pc without dealing with the data file, and I haven't a clue what it needs me to do! I have upgraded the tablet to a free trial of Office 2007 and it seems to have imported the settings, so it knows about the cache mode Outlook data situation.
Wow! It is fixed!!!!! I got some help from a friendly helper at a supplier who helped me turn off cache mode in both pcs and then connect the email data files and delete the old email address is Outlook on both. All is good!
Thanks for ALL of your help! I am SO jazzed. :D I have 2 questions. 1. Can I somehow mark this posting Resolved? 2. How can I easily find my other two postings? I can't Subscribe to them since the site warns me that I am automatically subscribed since I created it. But they aren't on my list of Subscribed or always showing on my list of recently read. Is that recently read info stored on a cookie that I may be deleting with cCleaner or what is wrong?
Hi Jeff, You should have an email notification of each response in topics that you have either opened, or contributed to.

Here's the links to your topics.

http://forums.whatthetech.com/Office_2003_…731#entry611731

http://forums.whatthetech.com/Outlook_Cach…734#entry611734

http://forums.whatthetech.com/Outlook_Cach…400#entry612400

http://forums.whatthetech.com/Editing_Task…739#entry611739

We dont close or mark topics as resolved in most forums…..
Regards
paws
Jeff, You can also navigate to your own topics via your Profile. Click on your Name - select Find Member's Topics. or in your User Profile - Select "Topics"(tab)
Thanks. But today I got an email notification of a response in a topic written by unclerafter that I am not subscribed too. (The software - other software forum) I did post a new topic in it recently, but I am not subscribed to the forum or to any other topics at all, except those that I createe. Maybe just a glitch?

I am hoping that you can help me figure out how to fix Outlook in my home pc and in my tablet which were removed from my office network. In my home pc and on my tablet, the main email address used in Outlook is on an old domain which I no longer own. So Outlook wants to access my server to get the email. I think that we had put the server,s Outlook Exchange in cache mode, so since both my home pc and my tablet can't access the server, the Outlook is stuck forever in limbo without the data files such as old email messages and contacts. The server is sitting right here in my home office next to both the home pc and the tablet, and it could be wired in, but isn't currently.
The Outlook has been accessed many times over many months on both pcs, and there seems to have been many emails downloaded from other email addresses and read, replied to, and some deleted. The results must be stored on each pc in some temporary file, waiting to be merged into the real file in Exchange on the server.
Do you know how to fix this issue?
I can't delete the main email account on each pc without dealing with the data file, and I haven't a clue what it needs me to do!
I have upgraded the tablet to a free trial of Office 2007 and it seems to have imported the settings, so it knows about the cache mode Outlook data situation.

I'll read those links tomorrow and figure things out.but I am not subscribed to the forum or to any other topics at all, except those that I createe. Maybe just a glitch?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI