This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

PC's taking 5 mins to boot from log In screen (Vista 64Bit

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I've only had the PC for 6months from brand new. I've stopped pretty much everything on start up and It's still the same, I've cleared all logs from event viewer, I've cleared Internet cookies, history and files.

It only started doing It In the past week or so, quite frustrating as the PC's not that old and I always defrag It etc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks In Advance.



Vista 64Bit

AMD Athlon Dual Core 5200+

4GB DDRII Ram

Nvidia 9400 GT 512mb


bump
If the problem only started a week ago try a System Restore to a date when all was well: START > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore If the issues persist you might want to check out your warranty options.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI