This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Suspicious Processes.

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My computer runs normally, but there are a few suspicious processes. iexplore.exe is always there, but I use FireFox. Even when I end the process, it comes back. Sachiel.sys.bat is sometimes there as well, but not always. I also have a hidden folder called HaRepacker in my Program Files directory, which I can't delete. Info; Acer TravelMate 6293 It is a school provided laptop connected to the schools network. I have 2Gb RAM.
To begin iexplore is a system file that is required to run all the time, it provides the elements needed for you to use the system, BUT, that said it is not uncommon for an infection to emulate this file to try and trick the owner to think it's normal, but with that alone it is not a problem. The HaRepacker you mention appears to be connected with editing games as best I could see, but I couldn't say how reputable it is, but when I did a search for it the 1st site made Kaspersky (my A\V) to flag up a warning about a malicious web page, so this is best checked out by the pro's. Now I suggest you go to the infections section and ask the pro's for help, a search of the Sachiel.sys.bat file you mention comes back as being a worm\infection (shows as deleting critical system files), so my best advice is do not add\remove anything to the system (software wise), maybe link back here so they can see the history, but it is probably simpler to copy and paste your post and add you've been advised of a possible infection, then they will instruct you on what to do, but do NOT follow advice from anyone else once someone starts to help you, as it can make it harder for them to sort it for you, they are busy guy's, so be patient, one will be with you as soon as they can, good luck.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI