ssaeon
Topic Starter
Hi, this issue I'm having seemed to start when I had a wierd popup from Internet Explorer when I was doing other things and try to redirect me to a random site. I believe it also attempted to run a script to infect me with other things. I only use FireFox.
I looked in my task manager and noticed some suspicious processes running including lsasss.exe, cv1.exe, svchosts.exe under my username – not under system–, and multiple instances of Firefox when it should have only had one. One of my svchost.exe is also using up about 380MB of memory and starting to use a lot of CPU (at 25% right now). I also found a bunch of entries in my startup (msconfig) that should not have been there. I can uncheck the suspicious ones but there's a couple svchosts.exe entries that get checked even if I uncheck them after I press OK.
I ran a scan of my PC using AVG and most of the junk it found was located in my Temporary directory which I deleted. I also tried to end process anything suspicious in my task manager. I was able to do this except for the svchosts.exe process. Whenever I try to end this process, it immediately spawns about 3-4 of the same svchosts.exe and sometimes a couple instances of firefox.exe. I tried searching my computer and found that it was hidden in the following: C:\Windows\System32\System32\svchosts.exe
If I were ever able to delete the file, it would immediately come back. I also noticed multiple registry entries of svchosts.exe and whenever I would try to delete these, they would immediately come back as well.
Lastly, I've noticed that I'm getting wierd issues when browsing with Firefox. Sometimes when I search google, my results all get redirected to a broken link, or sometimes it'd complain that I can't access a https site.
Here's my HiJackThis log:
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 10:22:41 AM, on 6/20/2010
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
D:\AVGANT~1\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\oodag.exe
D:\AVGANT~1\avgrsx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
D:\AVG AntiVirus 8\avgtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\system32\svchosts.exe
D:\Firefox\firefox.exe
D:\HiJackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dailymanga.org/
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSPY2002] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\PINTLGNT\ImScInst.exe /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HKLM] C:\WINDOWS\system32\system32\svchosts.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools Lite] "D:\DAEMON Tools Lite\daemon.exe" -autorun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [HKCU] C:\WINDOWS\system32\system32\svchosts.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [FlashPlayerUpdate] C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe -p
O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [Policies] C:\WINDOWS\system32\system32\svchosts.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [Policies] C:\WINDOWS\system32\system32\svchosts.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Bodog Poker - {F47C1DB5-ED21-4dc1-853E-D1495792D4C5} - D:\Bodog Poker\BPGame.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra button: Absolute Poker - {13C1DBF6-7535-495c-91F6-8C13714ED485} - C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Start Menu\Programs\Absolute Poker\Absolute Poker.lnk (file missing) (HKCU)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Absolute Poker - {13C1DBF6-7535-495c-91F6-8C13714ED485} - C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Start Menu\Programs\Absolute Poker\Absolute Poker.lnk (file missing) (HKCU)
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC…n/bin/cabsa.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{56918F2F-385D-4711-B7D4-3351DC19EA33}: NameServer = 93.188.162.53,93.188.161.183
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 93.188.162.53,93.188.161.183
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 93.188.162.53,93.188.161.183
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: avgrsstarter - avgrsstx.dll (file missing)
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - D:\AVGANT~1\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Dragon Age: Origins - Content Updater (DAUpdaterSvc) - BioWare - D:\Game Downloads\Dragon Age\bin_ship\DAUpdaterSvc.Service.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: O&O Defrag - O&O Software GmbH - C:\WINDOWS\system32\oodag.exe
O23 - Service: PnkBstrB - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.exe
–
End of file - 4774 bytes
I appreciate any help that you guys can give me.
I looked in my task manager and noticed some suspicious processes running including lsasss.exe, cv1.exe, svchosts.exe under my username – not under system–, and multiple instances of Firefox when it should have only had one. One of my svchost.exe is also using up about 380MB of memory and starting to use a lot of CPU (at 25% right now). I also found a bunch of entries in my startup (msconfig) that should not have been there. I can uncheck the suspicious ones but there's a couple svchosts.exe entries that get checked even if I uncheck them after I press OK.
I ran a scan of my PC using AVG and most of the junk it found was located in my Temporary directory which I deleted. I also tried to end process anything suspicious in my task manager. I was able to do this except for the svchosts.exe process. Whenever I try to end this process, it immediately spawns about 3-4 of the same svchosts.exe and sometimes a couple instances of firefox.exe. I tried searching my computer and found that it was hidden in the following: C:\Windows\System32\System32\svchosts.exe
If I were ever able to delete the file, it would immediately come back. I also noticed multiple registry entries of svchosts.exe and whenever I would try to delete these, they would immediately come back as well.
Lastly, I've noticed that I'm getting wierd issues when browsing with Firefox. Sometimes when I search google, my results all get redirected to a broken link, or sometimes it'd complain that I can't access a https site.
Here's my HiJackThis log:
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 10:22:41 AM, on 6/20/2010
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
D:\AVGANT~1\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\oodag.exe
D:\AVGANT~1\avgrsx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
D:\AVG AntiVirus 8\avgtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\system32\svchosts.exe
D:\Firefox\firefox.exe
D:\HiJackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dailymanga.org/
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSPY2002] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\PINTLGNT\ImScInst.exe /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HKLM] C:\WINDOWS\system32\system32\svchosts.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools Lite] "D:\DAEMON Tools Lite\daemon.exe" -autorun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [HKCU] C:\WINDOWS\system32\system32\svchosts.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [FlashPlayerUpdate] C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe -p
O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [Policies] C:\WINDOWS\system32\system32\svchosts.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [Policies] C:\WINDOWS\system32\system32\svchosts.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Bodog Poker - {F47C1DB5-ED21-4dc1-853E-D1495792D4C5} - D:\Bodog Poker\BPGame.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra button: Absolute Poker - {13C1DBF6-7535-495c-91F6-8C13714ED485} - C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Start Menu\Programs\Absolute Poker\Absolute Poker.lnk (file missing) (HKCU)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Absolute Poker - {13C1DBF6-7535-495c-91F6-8C13714ED485} - C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Start Menu\Programs\Absolute Poker\Absolute Poker.lnk (file missing) (HKCU)
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC…n/bin/cabsa.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{56918F2F-385D-4711-B7D4-3351DC19EA33}: NameServer = 93.188.162.53,93.188.161.183
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 93.188.162.53,93.188.161.183
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 93.188.162.53,93.188.161.183
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: avgrsstarter - avgrsstx.dll (file missing)
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - D:\AVGANT~1\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Dragon Age: Origins - Content Updater (DAUpdaterSvc) - BioWare - D:\Game Downloads\Dragon Age\bin_ship\DAUpdaterSvc.Service.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: O&O Defrag - O&O Software GmbH - C:\WINDOWS\system32\oodag.exe
O23 - Service: PnkBstrB - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.exe
–
End of file - 4774 bytes
I appreciate any help that you guys can give me.