This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Problem with Explorer.exe

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I have been having trouble with explorer.exe. I look in the Task Manager and Explorer.exe is running at 9 to 10% even
when my computer is idle and doing nothing. I have noticed that when I put my CA Antivirus on Snooze, then Explorer.exe goes back down to zero and when I unsnooze
it goes back up to 9to10% again. I have been at Safer Network Forums but I was refered to here because they have said that it might
not be Malware that is causing this to happen. Here is a link to my thread http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=52632
My Computer is Windows XP Media Centre Edition Service pack 3, 1 GB Ram, Geforce 6800GS, Athlon 3500+. My computer is about 3 and a half years old.
Hello, and welcome to WhatTheTech. You've already pinpointed your own problem. Uninstall CA Anti-virus. :thumbup: Because CA is a paid for product, if you're concerned about keeping that product instead of using many of the other freely available alternatives, a forum for CA anti-virus, or a direct call to the company may be more effective.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI