Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

error404.com Hijacker. help?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Comcrap

Comcrap

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:03 PM

I don't have long before this laptop gets reformatted anyhow, but I have an issue.

I was browsing for images of a city when all the sudden my PC locked up and a exe called SPOOLS.EXE or something close forced itself to run on my computer. Then it was attacked by various malware hidden in tmp files ( I use opera browser.)

I ran some anti virus and anti malwarebyte and also Combofix, and it seemed to get rid of most of it, but now I get this weird browser behavior.

Every so often while on the internet, it opens a new tab (as if it were trying to open a new window. Thank god for tabs) and it redirects me to a site called
http://error404.com/index.php
...It's annoying and I don't know if it's a symptom of a much larger problem. It did that before, so I guess the antivirus didn't get rid of it.

If you can help me get rid of this quickly today, that'd rock.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Noviciate

Noviciate

Retired WTT Teacher

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:13 PM

Take a read through this and then start a fresh thread in this forum and post accordingly. Please don't forget to include a brief description of your problem, and somebody will be along as soon as.
Helpers look for posts with zero replies which is why you need to start afresh and why i'll lock this one.
Death to the salad eaters!