This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] REFERRED HERE BY PAWS

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

http://forums.whatthetech.com/HELP_SOMEBOD…058#entry608058

The above link shows methods used in an attempt to repair a possible malware problem but none have worked.

When command prompt C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe is entered the reply states 'rstrui.exe - entry point not found' and also in the mainbox states that ' The procedure entry point strcat_s could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll. '

I am wondering of course how to remedy this problem but also if I downloaded the strcat_s file on another pc , saved it onto my stick and then when I plug it into my sick laptop will the pc locate this file from the stick on startup??

All support is very much appreciated,

Fiona
You can use windows sfc (system file checker) You'd need your XP CD to make this work.
Click Start> Run> type sfc /scannow Note the space.
(Note that there is a space between sfc and /scannow)
Hi LDTate, If you read the link it explains that I do not have access to the start menu and also I do not have a CD drive on my laptop, thanks though for the suggestion. Do you have any other ideas?? Regards, Fiona
Hey there, Update on situ = I've located a CD ROM with a USB cxn in the back arse of nowhere in Northern Thailand…no easy feat I tell ya!! So today I'm going to insert a windows XP disc and click on 'repair'. I hope that it will simply recover the lost code in the .dll. directory and at the same time recover all my personal files. I am going to use a copy disc, illegal I know but it's all I have. Just wondering if any of you believe this will work, I'm not asking for support on using such a disc. Your support always appreciated, Fiona

You can use windows sfc (system file checker) You'd need your XP CD to make this work.
Click Start> Run> type sfc /scannow Note the space.
(Note that there is a space between sfc and /scannow)

I would try this myself.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI