This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Please help me out

17 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

there is no run as administrator option when I right click on run, there is just a regular "run" option which takes me to where I was before.
Yes on some of the applications we were using the option to run as administrator was an option. I am the only user on the laptop so is it possible that is isnt giving me the option because I am always logged in as the administrator? Is this "cleanmgr" step necessary or just some fine-tuning to clean up what we have done? If it isnt imperative that it be done you don't have to sweat it. You can get back to helping out other people as their needs are probably more immediate and I dont want to tie up your time. :thumbup: Thanks!
Hi pfunk5,

I don't use vista so I can't sya for certain ifbeing logged in as Adminstrator would cause this. I suggest you ask in the Windows Forum. I'm sure it's just a tweak you need.

We should clear out the old restore points as they may be infected. They won't hurt you unless you restore back to one of them

We can clear them another way.

In Control Panel > System, click System Protection (on the left of the window).
-Under automatic restore points, uncheck all the boxes in the list of disks available. This is to disable the System Restore.
-Vista will ask you to confirm this.
-Confirm by clicking the Disable System Restore. All restore points existing system will be removed.
-Click OK to close the window.
-Click System Protection, recheck all the boxes in the list of available disks and then click OK.
This will thus put the system restore to function.
-You can then create a restore point total of nine by clicking the Create button. The system will then create other at regular intervals.
Hi pfunk, Ok you should be good to go. You can check with the Techs in the windows forum if you wish. They should be able to tell you why you can't get an elevated Run command. Take care
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI