Build Theme!
  • Infected?

We invite you to ask questions, share experiences, and learn. It's 100% free. Did we mention that it's free. It is. It's free. Join 91558 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members with best answers are invited to staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

renos.js detected by windows defender

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hossfly88

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:18 PM

Hi, I've been receiving messages from windows defender stating I have been infected with renos.js. This has resulted in numerous issues, including my not being able to run spybot, adaware, hijackthis (error states i don't have the permissions to run such programs...), i can't access avg anti-virus control panel, even when typing in a url into firefox such as www.whatthetech.com, i get sent to a google search results page. I click the appropriate link, and back to a google search it goes. weird stuff, indeed! i attempted to run inherit.exe, but the app won't run, i receive the windows error message that the app has stopped responding immediately when the program is started. Any help available would be greatly appreciated!! TIA steve

Register to Remove

#2 Noviciate

Retired WTT Teacher

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 05:34 PM

Take a read through this and then start a fresh thread in this forum and post accordingly. Please don't forget to include a brief description of your problem, and somebody will be along as soon as.
Helpers look for posts with zero replies which is why you need to start afresh and why i'll lock this one.

Also, I see that you started a thread here which was closed due to inactivity. If you get into the habit of doing this, the chances are that somebody won't bother to look at your problem in future as it would obviously be a waste of time if you don't bother replying.
Death to the salad eaters!