This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

PC Infected

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Please help me clean this computer as I needed it to do my college papers. The system is Microsoft XP Home Edition Version

2002 Service Pack 2. It has been like this for months. I know it is infected with something. This is what I found in the box when I

went to the control panel to check to see why upon my initial start of the internet I was getting other pages other than google as

my default page: (http://www.theprizeday.com/today.php http://www.google.com/) . Your help would be greatly

appreciated.

Thanks,
Wash09
Take a read through this and then start a fresh thread in this forum and post accordingly. Please don't forget to include a brief description of your problem, and somebody will be along as soon as.
Helpers look for posts with zero replies which is why you need to start afresh and why i'll lock this one.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI