Hey guys,
Where do i start….
I started my computer, almost imediately my background changed in big letters it read 'Warning your computer my be infected with spyware' and a virus scan started. 'Total security', this program or whatever it is keeps on prompting me to download this anti-virus program with non stop pop ups. I cant access any prgrams, as soon as i click onto them a securtiy warning pops up in the corner saying that particual program is infected (which i why i couldnt run Erundt). My computer has never been this badly infected and i ahve no clue what to do. The only way i accesed this site was from a pop up window.
Just keep in mind that i cant download or open any propgrams.
Thnaks for you help.
My name is Tomk. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
Not being able to download is solvable by downloading on a second computer and moving to the infected computer on a thumb drive. Do you have a second computer available to download programs?
Not being able to run any program severely limits what I can do.
Let's try a little peek.
Click Start , then Run
Type notepad.exe in the Run Box.
Copy and Paste everything from the Quote box into Notepad:
@ECHO OFF
DIR /a/s C:\WINDOWS\scecli.dll C:\WINDOWS\netlogon.dll C:\WINDOWS\eventlog.dll C:\Windows\cngaudit.dll >Log.txt
START Log.txt
DEL %0
Save the file to your DESKTOP as "peek.bat". Make sure to save it with the quotes. Once saved, the icon to click should look like this on your desktop:[external image: Posted Image]
Double click peek.bat.
A text file should open. Please copy/paste that information back here.