This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

no sound

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello I have no sound after reformat and reinstall of Win xp home sp3. Device manager is ok and I have reinstalled the audio driver. My connections are fine and the jack is in the like colored lime green port. Sound fine before reinstall. Please help
Hi GP, If you are sure you have the correct drivers installed then take a look in Control Panel> Sounds and Audio Devices and check out that you are not "muted" and that you do have a volume control in the notification area. Next check all the other entries to make sure your system has the correct devices installed and showing. Lastly the speakers, check that they are connected in the correct socket, its usually the green one ……but it might not be! Powered up? and volume adjusted? Regards paws
You could also try: Kellys Korner. Scroll down to:
371. Restore Sound - Windows Audio Service
Double click the "Restore Sound" text/link to download and save or run this registry update file.

These files from Kellys have been used and recommended at lots of forums… and are considered safe. However before using any kind of registry altering file, you should take precautions.

Registry Warning:
Modifying the registry incorrectly, can cause problems requiring you to reinstall your operating system. We cannot guarantee problems resulting from
the -improper- modifications to the registry can be solved. If you do not have experience with the system registry, do not attempt to make changes on your own.
Always… before any changes are made, create a backup (export) of the registry… also create a System Restore point.
Grampy Pete, you have this same problem posted in at least 2 other forums (Dell Community and Major Geeks). Please pick one and stay with it. You are wasting a lot of peoples time on the same topic. Definitely not good forum etiquette.
I did not realize you should not go to various sources to resolve a problem - really. I try to be a polite person, I am a bit frazzled as I am having trouble with pain meds from my cancer surgeries. Although it is no excuse for rudeness I do apologize to all I have incomvenienced and troubled. It will not happen again.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI