Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Virus on Work Computer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Adasha

Adasha

Getting lapped by Technology!!!

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Anything outside, arts, crafts, drawing, fishing, writing.

Posted 05 October 2009 - 12:53 PM

I am on my laptop for work and I cannot call them and tell them I got a virus. Unfortunately, unless I"m logged in as an administrator, it's hard to install or fix anything. My computer is doing this: When I log in, it says it cannot find my profile so it sends me to a temporary windows profile. Then it's just a basic computer and all of my stuff is gone. When I try to download combofix, it says it can't find the program to open that file. I ran spybot and it found some search assistant mess and it won't delete it because it says it's "in use". I can't download hijackthis. Does the same thing as combofix. It downloads it, but when I go to run it, it won't. I tried to restore to earlier point, but can't because I'm not an administrator. Help!!!!

"Getting Lapped by Technology Daily!"

93990115_10157404908971492_2191620020423

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 ken545

ken545

Forum God

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 23,225 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Malware and cooking some great Italian and TexMex food
  • MVP

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:32 PM

:welcome: adasha, we do not work on company computers, it can open a bag of worms legally, you need to contact your IT Department for help

The forum is staffed by volunteers who donate their time and expertise.
If you feel you have been helped, please consider a donation.
donate.gif

Find us on Facebook
Please LIKE and SHARE

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.