This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Virus on Work Computer

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am on my laptop for work and I cannot call them and tell them I got a virus. Unfortunately, unless I"m logged in as an administrator, it's hard to install or fix anything. My computer is doing this: When I log in, it says it cannot find my profile so it sends me to a temporary windows profile. Then it's just a basic computer and all of my stuff is gone. When I try to download combofix, it says it can't find the program to open that file. I ran spybot and it found some search assistant mess and it won't delete it because it says it's "in use". I can't download hijackthis. Does the same thing as combofix. It downloads it, but when I go to run it, it won't. I tried to restore to earlier point, but can't because I'm not an administrator. Help!!!!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI