This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] can only access comp through program manager

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I have an infected computer. When I load, either in safe or regular mode it stays on blue screen and has lost all icons and taskbar, I can only navigate around via the Taskmanger (alt+crtl+del) explorer.exe is not running and when i type the command in it says windows cannot access the path or file yout may not have the appropriate permission to access the item. this is also the case for any other executable programs. My supposed tech guru has played with it but has now "dissapeared" and I need this computer back up and running. I am not particularly computer literate but I did manage to run combofix scan as my techie did yesterday. report is attached I appreciate any help. Many Thanks
That is the 9th run of ComboFix.

Not a good idea to run it without supervision as now I have no idea as to what was on your computer to begin with.

If you can locate the original log in C:|Combofix please post it

I will try and assist but it may be difficult


Please do the following:

Download Inherit and save it to your desk top
Drag each of the exe files that you are unable to run into Inherit.exe (must be the exe - not the shortcut)
Then wait for it to say "OK"

NEXT

Please save this file to your desktop.
  • Click on Start > Run, and copy-paste the following command (the bolded text) into the open run box, then click OK.

    "%userprofile%\desktop\win32kdiag.exe" -f -r

  • When it's finished, there will be a log called Win32kDiag.txt on your desktop.
  • Please open it with notepad and post the contents here.

NEXT

From Task Manager, type EXPLORER.exe to launch it.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI