This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

computer freezing

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Need help cannot figure out why does my computer (dell 1750 Inspiron laptop) stops at windows\assembly\nat….services.protocols.ni.dll when running McAfee full virus scan. It gets to about 35% and then just locks up, I have to remove the battery to restart. I have uninstalled and reinstalled McAfee. I tired to run scan in safe mood but it still froze. I am not even sure what the file is completely called, I do not get any errors just locks. During a quick scan there is no problems. Hope that is enough because I really do not know what to do next.
Hi Murdock67… Welcome to WhatTheTech..

Unfortunately, your question is just a bit too vague for anybody to answer.

You should probably try providing better details about the problem such as what anti-virus software you are using, if there has been any malware warnings lately, what you have done already to resolve the problem, etc.

Please read here:

http://forums.whatthetech.com/Welcome_new_users_t104737.html


This will help you provide better information so that people can assist you properly.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI