Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

[Resolved] Locked-out with Trojan-downloaded.JS.CA-Please HELP!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 ming

ming

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:11 PM

My apologies for posting this question as I'm sure it has been asked many times before. I've been up since last night at 2AM trying to fix this and my eyes are getting tired. My whole body is getting tired, yes? Initially it seemed as I had some control of the computer, but as I migrated to ***format c:/***, it locked me out totally. I think all that I have now is a black screen. I have ordered another hard drive but would REALLY like to fix this and thumb my nose at the B*****d that did this. Problem is that I am helpless. Is there a start-up disk that I can make to get outside of this trojan? ANY help, and I mean ANY help is greatly appreciated! -dave- Medford, Oregon

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Noviciate

Noviciate

Retired WTT Teacher

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:38 PM

Are you intending to reformat and reinstall your Operating System, or just clean the infection and keep the current installation?
Death to the salad eaters!

#3 ming

ming

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:13 PM

Are you intending to reformat and reinstall your Operating System, or just clean the infection and keep the current installation?

Initially, I wanted to just nuke the trojan, but it was so bad and I was desperate for a quick fix so reluctantly begin the reformat this evening. We'll see how it goes as there are a number of drives in the machine but I'm hoping it only affects c:

If I'm not successful, I'll bother you again.

Thanks for your help, my friend. :)

#4 Noviciate

Noviciate

Retired WTT Teacher

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:14 AM

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Death to the salad eaters!