This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

• itunes Software License Agreement •

6 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi

itunes has recently updated its self to [removed] and every time I launch it keeps asking me to accept software license agreement, annoying to say the least.
I put this question to Apple support here; but know one seems to be able to give me a definitive answer. I hoping the good people here at WTT will be able to help me out
:thumbup:
Hi, well the only other suggestion I can think of is uninstall, reboot and reinstall again, I can only imagine it's some left over file thats causing this, I suggest using Revo Uninstaller to uninstall the current program, right click on iTunes in the list it shows and select uninstall, click Next on the following window, and the program will uninstall iTunes.
Now click on Next when it's done, and it will scan for any residual files left behind, once it's ready click Next, and it will list the files that remain, you click Select All then Delete, accept the prompt and they will be removed, repeat these steps with subsequent windows and job done, reboot and reinstall iTunes and fingers crossed it will behave, hope this helps.
Hi, well this goes deeper than I can specifically guide with I'm afraid, but I do have 2 last thoughts, I notice in the Apple thread your screenshot, I dare say you click agree each time, but what I am wondering is have you tried clicking on save ? I just wonder what that would do.
Otherwise it's searching the registry for anything and everything Apple and iTunes related, and deleting it, of course uninstall as per above with Revo first, needless to say if you go this route make a back up of the registry first, but then use the search function in regedit, I would search for iTunes, and when thats done I would search Apple, my hope is this will find some deep buried file that will do the trick.
One last thought as well just come to mind, change the folder options to Show hidden files, then go into the hidden folders, and delete anything Apple related\connected in these folders as well, of course when finished revert the folder view so hidden folders are not shown, but the following are the hidden folders (in italics) on my system that contain files, but check all you hidden files to be safe:-
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data
Hi

So far I have done the following to try and resolve this issue:
  • Used Revo Uninstaller
  • Used Revo Uninstaller + Regedit
  • Changed the permissions on iTunes Folders
  • Saving a copy of the License Agreement
  • Downloaded the latest version
  • Launching iTunes from its default location
  • Followed 8210GUY's helpful suggestions

None of the above have solved the issue.
I can open iTunes, accept the license agreement, iTunes will open & then I can close & re-open without being prompted for the License agreement.
Its only when I restart the computer & launch iTunes am I then ask to accept the agreement again.
It's driving me mad
Well I have 1 last very desperate thought here, are you using vista by any chance ? Vista requires admin rights to do many things, so if you are running vista, instead of launching iTunes normally, right click on it and select run as admin, accept the UAC prompt, then run as normal, my desperate hope is if you are running vista, this will get it to retain the acceptance of the licence, if this fails then I am at a total loss what to suggest, whatever it is it's buried deep, so I hope this helps, because I have no ideas left.
Hi 8210GUY

Yes I am running Vista & have already tried what you have suggested. I think ATF Cleaner maybe causing the problems. I opened iTunes, get the License Agreement, accept, reboot the computer & re-open iTunes without the prompt for the license agreement. Then I use ATF Cleaner, reboot, open iTunes again & that's when I get the License Agreement prompt.

One of the options in ATF is deleting something relating to iTunes
Sounds like you've diagnosed your own issue, good going, assuming that once you accept the licence, you can close and open iTunes again without having the licence coming back, then it is certainly down to ATF removing the files, assuming it is the only thing your using, one point to note with this program, it is NOT listed as being supported in Vista, but it may not be as simple as that.

They state quite clearly the program is for 2k and xp ONLY, but, further down they comment about vista users and admin rights for one part, and disabling another part due to possible side effects etc, so I am a bit confused to the exact story, but IMHO as they state 2k and xp only, I would not use it on a vista system, not until they listed it clearly as working with it, I don't say this as anything against the makers, it's a highly rated tool, but without some clarity I would avoid using on vista at this time.

Should you decide to stop using it on vista, at least until they state support for it, then there are 2 other junk file cleaners that work just fine on vista without issue, and each gets bits the other doesn't, they are Disk Cleaner and CCleaner, just make sure you watch out for the check boxes (true with ANY install), and uncheck the Yahoo toolbar and any other unwanted options it will give you unless your aware, but glad you at least found the cause now.
Hi 8210GUY

I tried Disk Cleaner first which was good but it removed all the Favicons/Icons from my Firefox Bookmarks. So I'm using CCleaner which I have used before and I haven't had any problems with it. So thanks again 8210GUY for all your help & take care.
I'm currently using the RC2 version, and the interface is completely different so far, but if your using v1.57 I think is is, then you can select what to remove, and what to leave alone, especially if you use cookies to stay logged into sites you regularly go to, simply right click on the text of the item to see what edit options you have, as far as cookies go, easiest way to do these it run the cleaner, that way you have a blank list. Next go directly to the 1st site you want to keep and log in, launch the program again and right click on cookies, it will bring up a list of cookies currently on the system, theoretically it should be just the 1, but not always, highlight the cookie to keep, then move it over to the protected cookies side, and the 1st time check the box at the top left thats say protect cookies or something, can't recall now, but it should be obvious, repeat with each site you want to stay logged into and job done. CCleaner is the same, click on the Options link at the bottom left, click on Cookies, highlight and move to the protected cookies side, again job done, but if Disk Cleaner wont let you save the icons, simply uncheck the Firefox box and it should leave those alone, only other point to mention is if the cookies don't show when you first go into the settings to find them, close the program then open it again, it sometimes requires it to refresh itself to see new cookies if already open, and it's the easiest way to refresh the list from what I can figure, hope this helps.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI