This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Isass.exe - Bad Image

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Recently, I downloaded a Microsoft update. After restarting the computer, before getting to the log in screen, a pop up came up.

It said : "The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\LSASRV.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

It had a black background.


This error is repeated in Safe mode.

I cannot run anything through desktop as it does not come up.
My computer is Windows XP and I have had it for a few years. Unfortunately, I was intending to create a back up at the time of the error and was not able to. This means, if possible I wish to retrieve my data.

I have access to one other laptop with internet.


Help would be great.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI