Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

fujitsu amilo Li1705

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mattovstoke

mattovstoke

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:29 PM

Hi i was using my laptop the other day when it froze while browsing the internet, i rebooted but upon booting the HDD the light flickered 3 times and then nothing, Now i am having problems with the pc not booting at all, it won't go into the BIOS or anything. I bought a new HDD and tried that with a new copy of XP but no joy. It has let me into the BIOS about 2 times but froze after about 10 seconds i noticed the time and date are wrong, could that be a sign of a low CMOS battery? i have tried removing the RAM and cleaning and a few things to no avail.. the fan is working ok and the wireless light, power and battery light are illuminated as they should but the HDD light sometimes will flicker about 3 times then nothing and then sometimes nothing at all...

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:20 PM

You need to eliminate the possibility of a bad component plugged into the motherboard. This means remove one memory module at a time, try both memory slots, remove the hard drive and any other components that you can like the cd-rom, wireless card, modem, etc. Each time, try the laptop and see what the results are.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.