Hi, I have McAfee Security, and when I try to run a virus scan, I get an error message saying that the On-Demand Scan cannot start. Also, search engines are redirecting me to sites different than what I am clicking on. The Mcafee forum recommended I come here and provide you with the Hijack this info. I can't get the HiJack this to work.
I feel like an idiot. Someone please help.
In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following …
Sections
IAT/EAT
Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
Show All (don't miss this one)
Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and post it in your next reply.
**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<— ROOKIT" entries
NEXT
We Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepeal
Download RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.
Open [external image: Posted Image] on your desktop.
Click the [external image: Posted Image] tab.
Click the [external image: Posted Image] button.
Check all seven boxes: [external image: Posted Image]
Push Ok
Check the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.
Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.
Once the scan completes, push the [external image: Posted Image] button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.