This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

C:/Windows/system32/uacinit.dll Virus

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I've seen this virus come up in other threads but I have to use Combofix to remove it and don't want to do it without supervision. TROJAN AGENT: C:/Windows/system32/uacinit.dll ROOKIT TRACE: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\UAC I have hijackthis, combofix, malwarebyte's (MBAM), avg, and zone alarm on my computer right now. All of the programs work since I have had to rename a few of them. I have run multiple scans in both safe mode and regular mode to remove this virus. AVG doesn't even find the virus, just several infected files that it supposedly removes every time I run a scan. MBAM finds the virus and says it will delete it upon reboot, but when I scan the computer again after rebooting it's still there. As of now, the virus is not usually messing with my google search links or causing unnecessary pop ups, but it will if I let it run loose. I need instructions on how to dismantle the antivirus and antimalware programs I have so they do not interfere with combofix. I can then run combofix, get the log and then post it here for more instructions. Please help me :)
Take a read through this and then start a fresh thread in this forum and post a HJT log, and a brief description of your problem, and somebody will be along as soon as.
Helpers look for posts with zero replies which is why you need to start afresh and why i'll lock this one.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI