Hi I just got a virus on my laptop that I need help fixing it! The virus renamed every file extension to .InK and I can't open up any application or program. I don't know what to do? I'm 100% sure that I got it from a file named uk_issdm_ca_32_en_Store_trial.exe if that helps. Since I can't open up any program I can't run HijackThis to create a log file to post here. I'm really at a loss here. I'm currently using a friend's computer to post my problem here. I need the computer functional by tomorrow for work so I'm in a huge bind! If someone can help me out I'd really appreciate it. I'll be up all night so I can respond/take directions if someone can help. Thanks.
My current situation is my computer is still unusable. I've exhausted all my resources trying to fix my computer while waiting for a response. All my file extensions in my computer are broken. I've tried every solution I've read on the internet. I tried running .reg files to the fix the registry didn't work. I can't open regedit.exe or open it through command prompt. Command prompt is broken too. Every time I try to open anything on my computer it either asks me what program to open it with or explorer.exe just resets. I really don't know what to do? Only a couple of programs work. So far I've noticed notepad and magiciso work. I've tried running my computer in safe mode didn't work. I've tried safe mode with command prompt but it still would not open. I've tried manually putting in the .exe file extension in folder options didn't work. I've tried running system restore but it just hangs when I press next. Basically anything I've read on the internet didn't work for me. The only thing I have left to do which I originally didn't want to is reinstalling windows xp completely. If you can help me I really would appreciate it. If I can't fix it by tomorrow I'm just going to reinstall everything.