This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

itunes won't start/uninstall/repair on vista 64bit

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My best guess at this stage is that it's an admin rights issue, for starters have you got the 64bit version of iTunes ? Assuming you do then disable real time protection such as anti virus and anti spyware etc, BUT, do NOT disable your firewall or you will get an infection, once you've stopped real time cover then right click on the install file, then select run as admin, accept the UAC prompt then install as per normal, a reboot will load your protection again when finished. Now when you go to run it try right clicking on it and select run as admin again, if it works then let me know and I'll guide on how to reduce the amount of clicks needed to run it, but see if this helps.
yes i do have the 64bit version of itunes.i tried to run/install/repair the app with real time prot disabled but nothing happened.any other suggestions?thanks anws
Right I must admit this is getting above my experience, at least in the sense to be able to clearly guide someone, it's one of those areas where let me at it and I'll stumble around until I find a way to do it lol, but I've searched about this for you, and it appears to be quite a big problem, but I came across 1 link in all the pages I viewed that showed something that for starters made sense, and appears to be a simple fix, so heres the link in the hope that it is this simple, hope it helps.
http://www.coderjournal.com/2007/02/settin…s-vista-64-bit/

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI