This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Need help removing Java and Open Office

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I was recently infected with some malware, but thanks to Oldman 960 I appear to be all cleaned up.
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Please_help_…ss_t105405.html

I was instructed to come here for some help in removing some stubborn programs: Java 6 update 7, and OpenOffice 2.3 . I've tried JavaRa and Revo to get rid of the Java, but no luck. I'm trying to update OpenOffice, but the older version will not uninstall. Each time I try to uninstall Open Office, I get an error saying that it can't find the file openofficeorg23.msi to complete the uninstall. Any ideas?
What is the error that you get with Java?

Once the .MSI files are gone, they are gone. This usually occurs by using a program such as JavaRA, or Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. THe .MSI files are the installer packages for the products in question. Once they are gone the product is not going to be able to be uninstalled.

Therefore, your only option at this point is to attempt to reinstall each product in question using the exact version that you are trying to get rid of. In other words, try re-installing OpenOffice 2.3. And then uninstalling it normally through add/remove programs. Try installing Java 6 update 7 and then uninstall it normally through add/remove prorgams.

However, I'm not sure where you can get the OpenOffice 2.3 installation file from any more. Older versions of Java can be downloaded from here: http://java.sun.com/products/archive/

You want the JDK/JRE 6 update 7: http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/6u7/index.html

You can try here for the 2.3.0 of OpenOffice: http://www.filehippo.com/download_openoffice/3193/

Problem is, there is also a 2.3.1 version and you should know which one you have and use that exact version. The 2.3.1 version is also available on filehippo.

Once the products are uninstalled properly, then you can download and install the newest version of each.

Let us know what you come up with and the exact error messages and procedures you followed if there is a problem.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI