Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

[Closed] I have something

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 mommajayne

mommajayne

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:41 PM

My computer was being weird, kept shutting down, so I was preparing a post. I ran the Malware and ATF cleaner. Malware found one item. I selected removed and the computer immediately shut down. When it restarted I had no internet and a box that stated that a bunch of start up items were disabled. I could not access internet in safe mode either. I was able to perform system restore, which brings me to where I am now. Here is the Malware Log. Also after the system restore, my antivirus was turned off and messed up, I am in the process of fixing that now. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41 Database version: 2854 Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 9/24/2009 9:02:49 PM mbam-log-2009-09-24 (21-02-49).txt Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|) Objects scanned: 286354 Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 24 minute(s), 14 second(s) Memory Processes Infected: 0 Memory Modules Infected: 0 Registry Keys Infected: 1 Registry Values Infected: 0 Registry Data Items Infected: 0 Folders Infected: 0 Files Infected: 0 Memory Processes Infected: (No malicious items detected) Memory Modules Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Keys Infected: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NDISRD (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully. Registry Values Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Data Items Infected: (No malicious items detected) Folders Infected: (No malicious items detected) Files Infected: (No malicious items detected)

Edited by mommajayne, 24 September 2009 - 08:42 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:42 PM

Hi mommajayne,

:welcome:

My name is Tomk. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:

• I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://forums.whatth...ams_t96260.html

• Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.

• As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

• Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Posted Image

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Posted Image

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Notes:

1. Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
2. Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.
3. ComboFix may reset a number of Internet Explorer's settings, including making I-E the default browser.
4. Combofix prevents autorun of ALL CD, floppy and USB devices to assist with malware removal & increase security. If this is an issue or makes it difficult for you -- please tell your helper.
5. CF disconnects your machine from the internet. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If CF runs into difficulty and terminates prematurely, the connection can be manually restored by restarting your machine.
Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#3 mommajayne

mommajayne

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 01:35 PM

Thanks, TomK for your assistance. I did as you asked and ran the combofix and was unable to access the internet. I tried to do a system restore again, and was told that the system did not restore properly. Tried a different restore point, same thing. Tried it in safe mode, no difference. I went a bit further back and here I am.

#4 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:01 PM

mommajayne,

Let's get some more info.

• Download DDS and save it to your desktop from
  • Here
  • here or
  • here.
    • Disable any script blocking protection (How to Disable your Security Programs)
    • Double click DDS icon to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run)
    • When done, DDS.txt will open.
    • After a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.
    • Save both reports to your desktop.
  • We Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepeal
    • Download RootRepeal from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop.
    • Open Posted Image on your desktop.
    • Click the Posted Image tab.
    • Click the Posted Image button.
    • In the Select Scan dialog, check
      Posted Image
    • Push Ok
    • Check the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.
    • Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.
    • Once the scan completes, push the Posted Image button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt.
  • Copy/paste the log (that you've previously saved to your desktop) from RootRepeal onto your post.

• Copy/paste the DDS.txt log (that you've previously saved to your desktop) onto your post.

• Attach the Attach.txt report to your post by scroling down to the Attachments area and then clicking Browse. Browse to where you saved the file, and click Open and then click UPLOAD.

Tomk
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#5 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:13 PM

Due to inactivity this topic will be closed. If you need help please start a new thread.
Tomk
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014