I thought the infected pc couldn't open the internet?I can't just download the program and run it?
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal
Windows cannot find C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe
7 min read
LDTate
bellabroux
I am using dial up
bellabroux
When I try to use DSL, I get these errors: For example when I use DSL, and try to go to mail.com for my e-mail or anything, It will find the website and try to connect then I get this at the bottom left saying, waiting for , res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm . Also when I tried the at@t repair it says, windows cannot finish repairing the problem because the following action could not be completed, REGISTERING with DNS and also registering IP Address. I called at@t and we tried for an hour to renew the IP address and couldn't.
LDTate
Well this doesn't appear to be an infection.
I suggest you start a new topic in our Hardware Forum and post this:
Be sure to do this before doing anything else:
The following will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset System Restore points:
I suggest you start a new topic in our Hardware Forum and post this:
When I try to use DSL, I get these errors: For example when I use DSL, and try to go to mail.com for my e-mail or anything, It will find the website and try to connect then I get this at the bottom left saying, waiting for , res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm . Also when I tried the at@t repair it says, windows cannot finish repairing the problem because the following action could not be completed, REGISTERING with DNS and also registering IP Address. I called at@t and we tried for an hour to renew the IP address and couldn't.
Be sure to do this before doing anything else:
The following will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset System Restore points:
- Click START then RUN
- Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.
- [external image: Posted Image]
bellabroux
Can I try to download winsockpfix.exe and see if it helps? I have read on the combofix website where other people had the problem after installing combo Fix and after running this it worked.
LDTate
Worth a try
Get a copy of winsockxpfix.exe and copy it to the infected computer.
You just run it
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html
Get a copy of winsockxpfix.exe and copy it to the infected computer.
You just run it
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html
bellabroux
Can I just download it and run it?
LDTate
Yes.Can I just download it and run it?
LDTate
Do you still need help with this?
bellabroux
No, I gave up and am using another computer. Thanks anyway
LDTate
Thanks for posting back and letting us know 
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI