This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows Security Programs

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am running Windows home XP. Apparently I have picked up a rather vicious infection. It seems every time I turn the computer on it gets worse. It has disabled the task manager and other things. It will shut itself down and give me a message that since I am not running an antivirus program, windows is shutting down. I have had 2 different "protection" programs come up of which I don't know if they are a part of Microsoft's programs or something I should not download from fear there is more malware in them. The first was a shield with Microsoft color scheme and the second was a gold shield with black stripes. I don't even want to turn the computer on again until I get little guidance. Thanks :pullhair:
Hi Tractorboy

Read here first: http://forums.whatthetech.com/Welcome_New_…ers_t34502.html

And when ready, post here: HijackThis™ Logs and Infections Removal

Be patient, as the malware-fighters are volunteers, and have real-lifes too. If you do not recieve a answer within 3 days, post a gentle
reminder here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/What_Do_If_Y…931#entry406931
Hope you get it in working condition again.


regards
I downloaded HJT to my desk top. Clicked the icon, clicked run…. the directory flashes and closes before you can actually read what it says. Message pops up: "Application cannot be executed. This file NAVAPSVC.EXE is infected. Please activate your antivirus software." Also a message says, "System Security Harmful software detected…" And… "Attention! System detected a potential hazard (TrojacnSPM/LX) on your computer taht may infect ececutable files …." And, "…Lsas.Blaster.Keylogger to send your credit card details to remote host…." And, "Click yes to download official xxxxxxx (cant read my writing but think it says 'intrusion') detection system (IDS SOftware) Something came up willing to charge at a couple of different levels to make it all go away. So, at the moment, I need help running HJT. Thank you.
Post a new topic in the malware removal forum. They will advice you on what to do. I am not allowed to advice regarding malware issues. Sorry. Hope you get it sorted out. Regards
Is there some thing special I need to do to post to the malware forum? It says I don't have permission even though I am logged in. Perhaps I missed a protocol some where. Sorry & thanks.
Hi Tractorboy No, there is not any special protocols. Usually one just post a new topic, and then wait to get answered. If you answered in a ongoing thread, you will get a non-permission message. Is that what happened? Otherwise, try create a new user with another user-name, see how it goes. If still a no-go, I'll notify one of the admins. Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI