This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Error Code 12037

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, Ok When I turned off MSN this morning, everything was fine; then when I tired to get it to sign back on tonight it keeps throwing out an Error message - Error 12037, looking up the code it says "SSL Authentication faliure; Time and Date Comparison match failed" I checked my time and date - Currently 4:37AM GMT - July 11th 2009. I checked this against my Mobile Phone, the VCR, The Internet World Clock and Big Ben. I've Checked the BIOS Clock and its the same. I've Tried - Re-installing Trilian; Still dead, I've tried altering the date in various ways; Still Dead, I've Run Ad-Aware & AVG 7.5, Still Dead, I'm Clearned my Cache, Flushed my DNS, Still Dead. I can however log into my passport manually via the web no problem and can load Webmessenger again without an issue. I've searched online for tech support but all anyone seems to says is "Reset your time and date" which I have done, several times. So I'm Pretty Darn Baffled. System wise - AMD 2600+, Wind 98SE, AVG 7.5, Zone Alarm Basic, Belkin Wireless Network, 512MB Ram, Firefox 2.0.0.20, IE5 (Rarely Ever use it)
Hi Acidbuk and welcome to WhatTheTech…

I'm sure you are aware that Trilian is a third party product that has reversed engineered how to connect to various messenger services. If any of those messenger services change the fundamental way they work Trilian just might go kaputz.

Your error is definitely related to incorrect date/time mismatch causing SSL certificates to be invalid. If setting your date/time correctly is not working then I don't know what else to do.

My suggestion is, if you want to connect to MSN, download MSN messenger.

Other than that you can read about many other users with the same problem here: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&saf…mp;oq=&aqi=

Trillian support forums may help you out better.

If you find a solution please post back here with what it was.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI