Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Error Code 12037

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Acidbuk

Acidbuk

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:52 PM

Hi, Ok When I turned off MSN this morning, everything was fine; then when I tired to get it to sign back on tonight it keeps throwing out an Error message - Error 12037, looking up the code it says "SSL Authentication faliure; Time and Date Comparison match failed" I checked my time and date - Currently 4:37AM GMT - July 11th 2009. I checked this against my Mobile Phone, the VCR, The Internet World Clock and Big Ben. I've Checked the BIOS Clock and its the same. I've Tried - Re-installing Trilian; Still dead, I've tried altering the date in various ways; Still Dead, I've Run Ad-Aware & AVG 7.5, Still Dead, I'm Clearned my Cache, Flushed my DNS, Still Dead. I can however log into my passport manually via the web no problem and can load Webmessenger again without an issue. I've searched online for tech support but all anyone seems to says is "Reset your time and date" which I have done, several times. So I'm Pretty Darn Baffled. System wise - AMD 2600+, Wind 98SE, AVG 7.5, Zone Alarm Basic, Belkin Wireless Network, 512MB Ram, Firefox 2.0.0.20, IE5 (Rarely Ever use it)

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:33 PM

Hi Acidbuk and welcome to WhatTheTech...

I'm sure you are aware that Trilian is a third party product that has reversed engineered how to connect to various messenger services. If any of those messenger services change the fundamental way they work Trilian just might go kaputz.

Your error is definitely related to incorrect date/time mismatch causing SSL certificates to be invalid. If setting your date/time correctly is not working then I don't know what else to do.

My suggestion is, if you want to connect to MSN, download MSN messenger.

Other than that you can read about many other users with the same problem here: http://www.google.co...f...mp;oq=&aqi=

Trillian support forums may help you out better.

If you find a solution please post back here with what it was.

Edited by appleoddity, 10 July 2009 - 10:52 PM.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#3 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:28 AM

Try download Atomic Clock sync. See if it helps. Not sure it will, but might be worth a shot.

I assume that your local time and DST (Saving Daylight Time) is set correctly?

Atomic Clock Sync

Cheers

Abydos

Asking for Technical Help

Preventing Malware Slow PC? Recovery Console!

"I am not young enough to know everything" - Oscar Wilde