This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Welcome new users!

21 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Peter,

 

I recognize you.

 

Yes, I have helped you reset your password in the past.  However, I no longer have permissions necessary to do that anymore.

 

If you recall, the last time you had trouble I got you together with Blair who is the owner of the site.  He can handle getting things straightened out.

 

I believe I still have a copy of the PM string that included him the last time this issue came up.  I will forward it to you again shortly.

Peter,

 

Your new persona is so new that you do not yet have PM privileges so I was unable to send the old PM from April to this account.  I did send it to the Peter1 and nowelpp accounts.  Blair was on that email so he should get it also.  He is the one you need to get this resolved for you.

 

Ldtate could also solve this so I will attempt to contact him also.

TomK

I just signed out and in again with this new account so at least I can communicate.

I know my user, password and email address but am not going to adjust and get locked out again.

I don't think I need anything from the past like my old accounts,  like you do. Would you agree?

TY

Peter

I'm not sure I understand the question. 

 

I have just one account.  I can access all of my "memories" like PM's etc.

 

Perhaps you don't need anything like that.

What I meant was each account has old posts and favorites and things unique to it.
I assume if by using the new account I have now I will relinquish all of my old information like my posts, content,  favorites etc. .
I don't think its important to me because I am not in a position like you. I only post now and then.
You and I are all set now and I thank you again.
Peter

Sounds good. :thumbup:

 

So…

 

Welcome to :welcome:  new user pdnnow. :adios:

 

Lots to read and learn here.  Not to many folks around much anymore but the ones that do come by are amazingly helpful and some are even friendly.  The only real caveat to that is this one strange dude that stops by from time to time.  You know how when you pick up a newspaper and see a headline that starts out "A Florida man…"?  You know how that means the following story is going to be extremely bizarre yet surprisingly entertaining?  Well this Peter guy is like that.  As long as you keep an eye out for him… you should be OK. :weee:

LOL I hear you. I like this forum; it has been friendly and helpful. I think this Peter guy's intentions have integrity and he does try.

I'd like to meet him and get to know him better. You should be  stand up!!  :)

CU soon, amigo.

Hi. New member. 76 years old. Rural. Nobody to help. Used computer with Microsoft Office for years. Computer died. Experiencing use it or lose it. Buying a new computer. Probably large notebook. Want large screen. Not a lot of money; forget Mac. Use for word processing, newsletters. But I will be zooming and I dont want to over simplify in case I learn new things. Failed with chrome. Hard drive in my own head needs to stay with familiar. What kind of computer do yall suggest?

I have Windows 11 Pro on a home bult machine and a MacBook Pro.

I have used Google on occasion.

From what you've described I would suggest you get a Chromebook. The more you pay the more you get.

It is not a high end product and basically functions when on internet but you can wok offline if so  configured. 

 

My wife has had two and I use it at times. It will do everything you need to do however it is not as expensive as conventional machines. Go to a store where you can return it if you do not like it. Usually 10-14 days.

You can  get Office for free online  if you need it but to zoom you do not need it. Zooming requires supported processors Intel Core i3-5000 or higher

and 8 GB Ram.

Please see the link for more information.

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-use-zoom-on-a-chromebook

Good luck

Hello  hamshenna

I hope you enjoy this forum and benefit from its advice and friendship.

Let's also hope you can help us too.

Btw, do you use Google Chrome? It has given me problems like pausing but Edge runs well.

I have tried everything to no avail. It is the only feature on my machine that I have that issue with.

I see all over the web that oithhers are having trrouble too.

Anyway, Welcome.