This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Already been thru the malware process, NEED help PLEASE!

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi cmteddybear. What exactly is your problem. TomK said you don't have any malware, so what kind of help are you looking for.
Sorry, I assumed you would know from reading the other thread what this was all about. I shut down my computer and rebooted. When it started, it came up with a blue screen with white lettering and it said something about chkdsk and it went fast, thats all the info I can give you about that but It continued on to the Windows screen but thats all the further I could go. It wouldnt reconize my network adapters. I have disabled them, uninstalled them etc so that the computer would pick them up when it rebooted and nothing. I tried to put in SBC disk and then a box pops up that says there is an application error, so you cant read the disk. I tried a restore, that doesnt work either. I completely took out my windows and reinstalled my windows. I am now able to get online but I have alot of files missing and some problems. A couple days ago a siren type of noise started, it isnt constant. I did run a disc wizard that came with my hard drive tonight and what it says is: Results for volume C: (NTFS) Volume Label: Volume Size: 320.06 GB Some files on the volume are open. This may effect the accuracy of the file system check and result in false errors. The file system contains errors that need to be repaired. SeaTools Online 90 Second Surface Scan Started at 10:52:12 PM on 2/27/2009. Scanning drive: JMicron JMB36X Controller : WDC WD32 00AAKB-0 SCSI Disk Device Serial Number: Capacity: 320.07 GB Scan complete. No errors were found. Scanning drive: Intel® ICH9 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 293C : Dell USB Mass Storage USB Device Serial Number: Capacity: 0.0 - An error was encountered reading sector 4294967295. - An error was encountered reading sector 4294967295. - An error was encountered reading sector 4294967295. - An error was encountered reading sector 4294967295. - An error was encountered reading sector 4294967295. - An error was encountered reading sector 4294967295. - An error was encountered reading sector 4294967295. - An error was encounter on drive Dell USB Mass Storage USB Device. One or more sectors on the drive are unreadable. As a precaution against data loss, you should back up any important data on the drive as soon as possible. My tabs at the tops of pages look like they are scratched out, some pages cant be displayed, my yahoo and aol doesnt work properly, infact the shape of the yahoo messenger box is not right…it actually looks like building blocks of sorts. Also i get application errors. Your help will be greatly appreciated!!
Ok.. THe scan you did with seatools says that you have bad sectors on an external USB drive that you have hooked up. So, you can add that to your list of issues. :)

Next, you said you removed windows and reloaded it. Sounds like you didn't reload your video drivers (amongst others). You have to get those drivers from the manufacturer's website.

What's a siren type of noise? Is it a siren or isn't it? Is it coming from your speakers, or from inside the case? Do you have Avast anti-virus installed?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI