This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Microsoft .Net Framework & PhotoGallery Popup

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi This is the second time this has occurred. I turn on my computer in the morning and voila!!! Two popups…Microsoft .Net Framework & PhotoGallery. They can't be uninstalled. While they are present it is impossible…get a message "you cannot uninstall while the program is running". My computer won't turn off or reboot because of these popups. Problem started when I installed a HP Printer. Have put the HP CD disk in to try to solve the problem but nothing happens. Last time I got rid of them by doing a system restore and uninstalling my printer but I want to use my printer and don't want to uninstall it just to get rid of these dayam things. Please help Cheers :)
Hi Thankyou for the posts. I am aware of the suggested solutions but neither worked…but thanks. I have been in contact with HP Help desk over the last 2 weeks and after many trials they have come to the realisation that my HP software is not compatible with IE8. The solution, until a fix is found, is to uninstall IE8 which I would gladly love to do. Easier said than done!! IE8 appears in Add/Remove through Control Panel but there is no Remove button to allow it to be uninstalled. IE8 is definitely installed on my computer though. I do not have SP3. The problem is now two-fold; I still cant uninstall the HP software via the CD, nor can I remove IE8. I cannot allow windows updates in fear of initiating the .net framework and PhotoGallery popups which can only be removed by system restore. While these popups are present I cannot shut down my computer. What a mess the HP software has caused my computer. Cheers Belinda

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI