CatByte
Hi,
The instructions were for Vista, but I may have missed a step - I do apologise:
Go to start.
Type in disk cleanup.
And click on enter.
here you will get an option of what to clean - Select Files from all users on this computer.
If you haven’t the disabled your User Account Control – UAC, you’ll see a pop-up asking you for permission.
- once Vista calculates the files to clean up and begins - then you get a new window with the more options tab
Select the drive you wish to clean - which will be C:\ click OK
Then a window with the "more options tab" will appear
At the top, click on the More Options tab, under System Restore and Shadow Copies group,
Click the Clean up button,
Vista will ask you if you're sure, click on Yes button.
When finished, click on Cancel button to exit.
here is a good tutorial here:
http://www.theworldofoffice.com/vista-tips…-restore-point/
NEXT
As for Java, I am at a loss as to why it hasn't installed properly.
I suggest you start a new topic in our Software forum and allow our tech gurus to properly diagnose and assist in resolving that matter.
Link back to this topic so they can see you are clean of malware.
The instructions were for Vista, but I may have missed a step - I do apologise:
Go to start.
Type in disk cleanup.
And click on enter.
here you will get an option of what to clean - Select Files from all users on this computer.
If you haven’t the disabled your User Account Control – UAC, you’ll see a pop-up asking you for permission.
- once Vista calculates the files to clean up and begins - then you get a new window with the more options tab
Select the drive you wish to clean - which will be C:\ click OK
Then a window with the "more options tab" will appear
At the top, click on the More Options tab, under System Restore and Shadow Copies group,
Click the Clean up button,
Vista will ask you if you're sure, click on Yes button.
When finished, click on Cancel button to exit.
here is a good tutorial here:
http://www.theworldofoffice.com/vista-tips…-restore-point/
NEXT
As for Java, I am at a loss as to why it hasn't installed properly.
I suggest you start a new topic in our Software forum and allow our tech gurus to properly diagnose and assist in resolving that matter.
Link back to this topic so they can see you are clean of malware.