This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Virtually no internet connection after removing TR/CRYPT

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I am currently at work and will be hoping for advice before I go home to my home pc. A couple of days ago I received word that I had TR/CRYPT.XPACK.GEN through my Avira Free Anti Virus service I use. The Internet connection all but disappeared and then lst night for a breif pocket of time I was able to download Malwarebytes and run it successfully….all seemed well and cleaned…it found a Vundo infection and said it deleted it. But now there is still no internet connection speed at all. I am at a loss as I don't have the ability to download other programs. It also seems to choke my internet connection and disable it at times. I do not have Hijack this downloaded and Really don't know what to do. I bought the computer as a refurb and it had Vista home installed on it….and did not come with a hard disk so if I reformat I will not have an operating system to install. I am feeling really notgood and frustrated as I CAN get to certain sites to the download screens….but when the download begins it gets about 1 percent downloaded and then chokes out. HELP ME PLEASE!!! :) Thanks Aaron
Hello Aaron

Welcome to the Whatthetech Malware Removal Forum,

All advice given by anyone volunteering here, is taken at your own risk.
While best efforts are made to assist in removing infections safely, unexpected stuff can happen.


Don't know if a virus or malware has disabled your internet or if your having ISP problems. What you may have to do if you have no connection is to down load this tool from a known clean computer , transfer it to a CD and copy and paste it to the infected one. This wont fix anything but will show if any malware is present.

  • Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
  • Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
  • Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<info.txt (<

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI