This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Introduction

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi, I am a 50+ year old semi-retired person. I enjoy technology but it seems to be getting a little ahead of me. Any help I can get these days I greatly appreciate. Happy to contribute where ever I can. Thanx.
I'm running AVG 8.5.339. It is alerting me to Trojan Horse BHO.IZO located in system32/xwr61853.dll. I am running spyware to confirm. I am a bit concerned about AVG's false positive's. I can't find anything on the web about this Trojan. Should I just use AVG to "remove" infections or do I need to do something smarter?
:wavey: Hi kuchi. Welcome to WTT. I'm sure with the help of our Malware Team you'll soon have your problems sorted out. There's also plenty to read and learn here, so have a good look around. Regards Satchfan