This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

OmniPage 17 and Paperport 11 both crash after install

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I purchased Nuance OmniPage 17, PaperPort 11, and PDFCreate 5 as a package. I installed them on my Windows Vista SP2 desktop system. I ran the Scanner setup wizard and tested the scanner. All of the applications immediately crash when I double click the icons. Faulting application OmniPage17.exe, version 17.0.9261.100, time stamp 0x4a0765ce, faulting module OmniPage17.exe, version 17.0.9261.100, time stamp 0x4a0765ce, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x000f9b0f, process id 0x3d8, application start time 0x01c9ef4a4639f673. Faulting application PaprPort.exe, version 11.2.0.330, time stamp 0x482478f9, faulting module PaprPort.exe, version 11.2.0.330, time stamp 0x482478f9, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0011ab0f, process id 0x16a8, application start time 0x01c9ef4dcbd2a5b1 I had a problem with a previous version of PDFCreate so I uninstalled it. This did not help.
Hi Moovintarget!! Welcome to WhatTheTech!!!

Because you said you purchased the package, the first thing to do is contact the manufacturer (Nuance) and have them support the product that you just bought and paid for. If they refuse, or are unable, to get the product ot work, then request your money back and ship them back their faulty product.

If you are paying for something, the company needs to support it. They created it and, if the problem is specific to their applications (as it appears it is), they probably also know WHY it is doing it. Dealing with the company you paid, who has an "inner" working knowledge of the product can save a whole lot of time for us volunteers.
They say to disable DEP, but I did that with no luck. I have the same problem. Please post if you find a fix. I'm still working on it and will call support Monday. They promised 90 days free…

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI