Some guy named Gromerdok decided i was probably ripe for some toy time, I get an email message that this person has sent me a personal video, I log on, and your site had a little box pop up that warned me this person is BANNED and so I guess I did right by just deleting it, but I wanted to know, could someone who you obviously know is a troublemaker post something that would be malicious and could do harm to my computer or do all your security precautions prevent this…and why would you let someone who is BANNED even post to us poor defenseless computer morons who would be such easy pickings for someone of his malicious ilk??????? Just wondering.
Hi Candice!
The "individual"(remember that this is a family forum. Feel free to insert your own choice description in your head) send the PM's prior to being banned. As soon as the ban was put in place, it was all over. Unfortunately, in the short period of time he/she/it was here, several PM's were sent. I don't know how many.
What this person/thing/whatever sent you is just like an unsolicited email that you might get. Don't open attachments or follow any links that you don't know what are or have some reason to trust. I know that it is hard to tell some times. Sound like you reacted appropriately.
HI there Tom!!! well, I've been taught by the best here, haven't I????? LOL I guess I FINALLY learned never to open ANYTHING FROM ANYONE I do not KNOW!!!!!!!!!! Nice to see you are still here…and no apologies necessary Doug, I didn't know what the procedure was like to handle a bozo like this….. and was wondering how he got to me being banned and all ….I see now that it was after the fact. Jeesh, why would anyone try anything here????? What are they? TOTAL morons?????? What a lepton brain huh? LOL….like all the best computer people in the world are here and up on every trick in the book, yet he still decides to walk into the lions den????? go figure. Oh well, I have to get to bed, it's 2 am here, but I'll be back with a few more questions about my dead computer and retrieving the info from my old hard drive, if that is possible and a few more things bugging me about this new computer….. Thanks for saying hi Tom!!!! Hope all is well with you…. I'm doing OK I guess!!!! (so far no viruses and it's been 2 months now I think!!! whoo-hoo!!!!!) I'll talk to you again soon…..blessings, Candice
I had an email saying I had a PM from that person here… and that exact same person (exact same username) at another forum I used to visit. It doesn't have anything to do with malware removal either..
well, I don't go to any other computer websites at all but this one, this one is the best as far as I am concerned….I guess these losers have nothing better to do with their time but sit around, gathering us into their little net, hoping to snare us into their stupid business or computer service or whatever the heck they are promoting. But Tom and Tallin and Abydos have taught me better, thank you very much!!!!!! Thanks for replying, I'm glad we both had no damage done by this cretin.