Hello
xp home sp3 msie 8
The following is the warning I get when I click to logon to Comcast's email program;
"Do you want to view only the web page content that was delivered securely"? There is a 'yes' and a 'no' box.
Included in this message in smaller print is,"This webpage contains content that will not be delivered using a secure HTTPS connection which could compromise the security of the entire web page".
I installed MSIE8 recently and am guessing security is too tight for the Comcast program.
I have two choices, as I see it; 1-click either 'yes' or 'no' depending upon what you advise me, 2-set a security level a little looser in explorer.
Because of my skill level, I could be as wet as rain so jump in if you wish.
Thank you
The good news is you have nothing to worry about, this is standard, ie is making you aware and trying to protect you from possible risk, you will get this message whenever you visit a page that has secure details mixed with general content you will get such a message.
Now you have 2 choices, you can either allow the page to load allowing the insecure to be shown as well, or you can deny it and it will then continue to load the secure page blocking out the insecure content, either option allows you to see the page, but 1 option allows the page without the insecure content, thats it.
Given the page your trying to view I see no need to worry, it is a legit page, this protection is mainly aimed at pages maybe from not as legit a source, predominantly the page(s) will ask secure info from you, either a payment details or log in's\passwords maybe, so the safest approach is if your about to enter some secure details then select the option to allow the secure content ONLY, the page will still load fine, it will just block the insecure content, hope that explains what you need to know.