This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

HP Pavilion dv2000 hibernating?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

We have an HP Pavilion dv2000, running vista. Recently, when we are going to do something we close the lid. However when we open the lid back up…NOTHING. Black screen. The only way we can get it back on is to do a hard reset. I even went to the power settings and changed them to never sleep and never turn off the display, but still does it. I did all the windows updates, i even went to hp's website and redownloaded the video drivers( refered to me as my problem) but nothing works. Please help
hey djchucke77

I even went to the power settings and changed them to never sleep and never turn off the display, but still does it

since this is a laptop, in the Power Settings, what option did you choose for "when I close the lid" ?

Tallon41
Problem solved!!! Thanks for the link Jephree. I updated the bios, restarted , updated the graphics driver, restarted….BAM…works like a charm….Once again, whatthetech has came through for me, you guys are great. Thank you very much.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI