This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Computer Powers On But Screen Stays Black

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a HP Pavilion dv2415 nr laptop. I can power the machine on and the keyboard lights turn on but the screen stays blank. I'm not sure if the computer is shot or if there's something I can do to fix it.
Hi, sorry to hear of the problems with your laptop: Here's some steps you could take: 1 boot up your machine and wait for 5 minutes, then shine a torch/flashlight steadily onto the screen from a distance of an inch or two or three……. Look very carefully at the screen,( all over it) Can you see a very faint image of what you would normally see? 2 Connect your laptop to an external VDU, and see if you can get your usual image on it…… You may need to check your handbook as you may need a key combination to use the external VDU…its often Ctrl +F5 or F6 or similar Let us knbow if you get any results from either of these two steps. Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI